UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Matthew Rice recordings: Lecture-Demonstration: Allyn Miner, 1993-08-08 PDF
- Rice, Matthew
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives video recordings: Matthew Rice recordings: Lecture-Demonstration: Allyn Miner
- 1 videotapes : EC - 1 vct (VHS, sp, stereo, color); Duration: 1:57:35
- Collection Number
- Lecture-demonstration recorded in the University of Washington Music Building, Room 213, 8/8/93.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Allyn Miner is a concert performer on the North Indian sitar. She also performs Irish traditional music on the violin and concertina in the Philadelphia area. She is a lecturer in the Department of South Asia Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. Her research and publications relate to the history of the sitar, the social history of music in South Asia, and Sanskrit, Hindi, and Urdu musicological literature. Allyn received a B.A. in South Asia Studies from the University of Wisconsin and a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1994. She has had visiting faculty positions at Temple University, the University of Washington, NYU, and UCLA.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Originally recorded by Matt Rice on Hi-8 camcorder; Archives copy on VHS.
Allyn Miner performs solo on sitar.
See tape log for listing of contents.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Classical Music, Hindustani
- Geographical Names :
- India--Asia--South Asia
- North India
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Miner, Allyn (performer)