Sydney Arthur Davidson, Jr. papers, 1934-1939 PDF
- Davidson, Sydney Arthur Jr.
- Sydney Arthur Davidson, Jr. papers
- 1934-1939 (inclusive)19341939
- 0.05 linear feet, (2 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 210
- Sydney Arthur Davidson, Jr. worked in Foochow, China, teaching English at the Anglo-Chinese College. The collection (1934-1939) contains notes, manuscript material, and copies of published pieces regarding his experience working in China.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Sydney Arthur Davidson, Jr. was born in Brockton, Massachusetts and educated at Williams College. He also took journalism courses at Syracuse University. In 1934 he went to Foochow, China, to teach English at the Anglo-Chinese College.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1934-1939) contains notes, manuscript material, and copies of published pieces regarding his experience working in China.
Manuscript material includes mostly typed notes and drafts of stories. Most stories were written for the Brockton Enterprise feature titled "Letters from a Brockton Boy in China."
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Sydney Arthur Davidson Jr. papers, A 210, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Teachers' writings, American--China
- Personal Names :
- Davidson, Sydney Arthur Jr.
- Geographical Names :
- China--Politics and government--20th century
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication