Anderson Lumber Co. Papers, 1942-1946 PDF
- Anderson Lumber Co.
- Anderson Lumber Co. Papers
- 1942-1946 (inclusive)19421946
- 1 Box, (0.25 Linear feet)
- Collection Number
- USU_MSS 349
- Contains supply catalogs and ordering information for suppliers of Anderson Lumber Company between 1942 and 1946, and several items from the War Production Board issued in 1942 and 1943.
- Utah State University, Merrill-Cazier Library, Special Collections and Archives Division
Special Collections & Archives
Utah State University
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on use, except: not available through interlibrary loan.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Anderson Lumber Company was founded in 1890 by Anthon Anderson. Anderson was a first generation immigrant from Norway, and was a prominent citizen of Logan, serving as the city's eleventh mayor. During the first century of the company's history, Anderson Lumber expanded from a single yard in Logan to multiple yards in Utah and Idaho and purchased supplies from companies across the United States.
During the Second World War, Anderson Lumber was involved in wartime construction projects including building pre-fabricated homes for workers at the Dragerton, Utah Defense Plant Company. Despite restrictions on construction supplies during the war, Anderson Lumber was able to increase business and used much of the profits gained during this period to establish insurance plans and pensions for company employees.
Source: Anderson Lumber Co. Anderson Lumber Co. at 90 Years. Logan, UT., 1980.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains supply catalogs and ordering information for suppliers of Anderson Lumber Company between 1942 and 1946. Additionally, the collection contains several items from the War Production Board issued in 1942 and 1943, including information on restrictions of building supplies and war time residential construction manuals.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Anderson Lumber Co. Papers must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator and/or the Special Collections Department Head.
Initial Citation: Anderson Lumber Co. Papers USU_MSS 349, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. Utah State University Merrill-Cazier Library. Logan, Utah.
Following Citations:USU_MSS 349, USUSCA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Contains supply catalogs and ordering information for suppliers of Anderson Lumber Company between 1942 and 1946.
|1||2||War Production Board
Contains several items from the War Production Board issued in 1942 and 1943.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Hardware industry--Equipment and supplies--Prices--United States
- Hardware industry--United States--Equipment and supplies--Catalogs
- Corporate Names :
- Anderson Lumber Company (Logan, Utah)--Equipment and supplies
- United States--War Production Board--Handbooks, manuals, etc.