UW Ethnomusicolgy Archives concert recordings: Anzonini del Puerto, 1982-11-21 PDF
- Kobayashi, Tatsuki; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- UW Ethnomusicolgy Archives concert recordings: Anzonini del Puerto
- 1 items : EC - 1 vct (S-VHS, color); WD - 1 DVD; Duration: 1:50:53
- Collection Number
- Copy of Flamenco performance of Anzonini del Puerto recorded at Brechemin Auditorium, University of Washington, on November 21, 1982.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Anzonini del Puerto (Manuel Bermudez Junquera) , was a flamenco cantaor and gypsy dancer, born in Jerez de la Frontera (Cádiz) in 1917, and died in Seville in 1983. Ansonini, although born in Jerez, lived in El Puerto, (where he spent many years as a butcher), in Morón, Madrid and Seville, and he spent long periods on the Californian coast, because of that enormous link he had with the Morón flamenco.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Anzonini del Puerto (Manuel Bermudez)/voice, "tabla," palmas, dance; with Kenneth Parker, guitar, and Lourdes Rodriguez and Marcia Merrill (La Romera), dancers.
Total Duration: 1:50:53
Archives tape copy digitized and Work Disc produced 1/2015 (48 kHz, 24-bit)
Recording quality is fair; on the DVD copy, the picture stabilizes 30 seconds in and is interrupted briefly several times during the performance.
Related collection: 82-18 - audio recording of concert.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1 videotape : VCT; Tracks: 1
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- Europe--Europe--General Europe
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Merrill, Marcia (dancer)
- Parker, Kenneth (instrumentalist)
- Puerto, Anzonini Del (performer)
- Rodriguez, Lourdes (dancer)