Sara Burleson Machetanz papers, 1954-1961 PDF
- Machetanz, Sara
- Sara Burleson Machetanz papers
- 1954-1961 (inclusive)19541961
- 0.2 linear feet, (3 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 219
- Sara Burleson Machetanz (1918- ) is known for her books and films about Eskimo life in Alaska. The papers include manuscript fragments, letters, and a diary written in Unalakeet, Alaska describing her experiences in an Eskimo village.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Sara Burleson Machetanz (June 25, 1918- ) was born in Johnson City, Tennessee and was educated at East Tennessee State College. She is known for writing books and producing films about Eskimo life in Alaska, working alongside her illustrator husband, Frederick Machetanz (now deceased).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes minor manuscript fragments, correspondence, and a diary written by Sara Machetanz, an American author and film producer known for her work about Eskimo life in Alaska. The diary describes her experiences living in an Eskimo village in Unalakleet, Alaska, from 1954 to 1955.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Sara Burleson Machetanz Papers, A 219, Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||2-3||Howl of the Malamute, manuscript and diary||circa 1954-1961|
|1||4||Wood, Water and Dogs, outline||circa 1954-1961|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Publishers and publishing--United States
- Women authors, American--20th century
- Personal Names :
- Machetanz, Sara
- Machetanz, Sara--Correspondence
- Machetanz, Sara--Diaries
- Geographical Names :
- Unalakleet (Alaska)--Description and travel
- Form or Genre Terms :