UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Susan Auerbach field recordings, 1981-1982 PDF
- Auerbach, Susan, 1956-
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Susan Auerbach field recordings
- 1981-1982 (inclusive)19811982
- 19 items : EC - 1 audio cassette (stereo, Dolby); EC - 18 reels (7 1/2 ips, 1/2 tr. stereo, 7"); M.A. Thesis.
- Collection Number
- Recorded in villages in northern Greece, 1981-82.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives has been collecting and curating unique ethnographic music recordings for over 50 years. Its holdings of more than 15,000 items include field recordings documenting music traditions of all kinds from most areas of the world, concert recordings of visiting musicians, and films and videos of a variety of musical events, as well as several hundred musical instruments. The Archives serves the students and faculty in the UW Ethnomusicology Program, the broader university community, Pacific Northwest tribes, and an international clientele of musicians, students, and teachers.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Originally recorded by Susan Auerbach with Sony TC-D5 recorder (stereo, Dolby), AKG CE-1 mics, TDK-SA C-90 cassettes.
Contents: 84-4.1 is composite of examples from field tapes to accompany thesis; 84-4.2-19 are copies of original field recordings.
Thesis title: Song, Lament, and Gender: Musical Meaning in a Northern Greek Village.
Documentation: Typed notes
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Greeks--Europe--Southeastern Europe
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Field recordings