Florence Kerr Facey letter, 1923 January 4 PDF
- Facey, Florence Kerr, 1885-1952
- Florence Kerr Facey letter
January 4 (inclusive)19231923
- 1 item
- Collection Number
- Mss 425
- In this two page typed letter to her family, Florence Kerr Facey describes the 1923 Montana State Legislature, her committee appointments, introducing legislation, her seat location in the legislative chamber, and her living situation in Helena, Montana.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Florence Kerr Facey was born in 1885. In 1923, she was a resident of Malta, Montana, when she served one term in the Montana Legislature in 1923 and then, served for a special session in 1924. She was one of only four women in the Legislature and the only Republican party member; the others were Democrats. She was the first woman to serve on the Revenue and Taxation Committee, one of the strongest committees in the House.
Facey died August 7, 1952 in Babb, Montana.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
In this two page typed letter to her family, Florence Kerr Facey describes the 1923 Montana State Legislature, her committee appointments, introducing legislation, her seat location in the legislative chamber, and her living situation in Helena, Montana.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright not transferred to The University of Montana-Missoula.
[Name of document or photograph number], Florence Kerr Facey Letter, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Women in politics--Montana.
- Women legislators--Montana--Correspondence.
- Corporate Names :
- Montana. Legislative Assembly. House of Representatives.
- Geographical Names :
- Montana--Politics and government--20th century