Brigham Young Card papers, 1936-2003 PDF
- Card, B. Y. (Brigham Young), 1914-2006
- Brigham Young Card papers
- 1936-2003 (inclusive)19362003
- 8 folders, (0.25 linear foot)
- Collection Number
- The Brigham Young Card papers consist of a photocopy of a typewritten diary relating to Card's mission for the Mormon Church. He was called to the French Mission and was assigned to work in the French-Swiss (Romande) District of Switzerland. Also included in the collection is Card's Boy Scout journal and general articles and historical information.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this Collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Brigham Young Card, Professor Emeritus of the University of Alberta, and prominent Mormon Church leader, is a noted Educational Sociologist, considered a Canadian pioneer in this field. Card began teaching at the University of Alberta in 1950 and taught classes until his retirement in 1979, going on to teach at other institutions until 1984.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Brigham Young Card papers consist of a photocopy of a typewritten diary with handwritten corrections. The journal was kept from 1 January 1938 to 16 March 1940. Also included are photocopies of correspondence, newspaper articles, and photographs. The materials relate to Card's mission for the Mormon Church. He was called to the French Mission and was assigned to work in the French-Swiss (Romande) District of Switzerland. The diary includes many lengthy and detailed entries which tell of Card's daily activities. Also included in the collection is Card's Boy Scout journal and general articles and historical information.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Brigham Young Card papers must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator.
Initial Citation: Brigham Young Card papers, Accn 2037, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: Accn 2037.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Personal histories and articles||1940-2003|
|2-3||Canadian Boy Scout diary||1936-1937|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mormon Church--Missions--Switzerland
- Mormon missionaires--Switzerland
- Personal Names :
- Card, B. Y. (Brigham Young), 1914-2006 --Archives
- Form or Genre Terms :