Brice P. Disque, Jr. papers, 1923-1954 PDF
- Disque, Brice, 1904-1960
- Brice P. Disque, Jr. papers
- 1923-1954 (inclusive)19231954
- 15.0 linear feet, (10 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 291
- Brice P. Disque, Jr. was a writer and editor who had a prolific and successful career as a radio script writer. The collection includes personal and professional correspondence and over 300 radio scripts.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Brice P. Disque, Jr. (1904-1960) was the son of General Brice P. Disque. Disque, Jr. graduated from Dartmouth in 1925 and worked in the newspaper and magazine filed as a writer and editor. In 1927 he became an account man for various banks and trust companies. In 1936 he began to write and edit radio scripts. He is probably best known for his work on the "Gang Buster" series. He also worked with "March of Time", "Radio News Week" and "King Features Presents".
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of personal correspondence, manuscripts, and over 300 radio scripts from 1925-1942. The 1967 Addenda and 1971 Addenda both contain manuscripts and radio scripts.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Brice P. Disque, Jr. papers, Ax 291, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Authors, American--20th century
- Editors--United States
- Radio authorship--United States
- Radio writers--United States
- Personal Names :
- Disque, Brice, 1904-1960
- Disque, Brice, 1904-1960--Correspondence
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication
- Radio scripts