People's Transportation Co. bills and manifests, 1860 - 1868 PDF
- People's Transportation Company (Salem, Or.).
- People's Transportation Co. bills and manifests
- 1860 - 1868 (inclusive)18601868
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- B 113
- People's Transportation Co. of Salem, Oregon was incorporated in 1862 and sold in 1871 to the Willamette Transportation Co. The collection (1860 - 1868) contains shipping bills and cargo manifests.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
People's Transportation Co. of Salem, Oregon was incorporated in 1862 by David McCully, Stephen Coffin, Calvin S. Kingsley, and Alva C. R. Shaw. It was sold in 1871 to the Willamette Transportation Co. (Ben Holliday, president).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1860 - 1868) contains shipping bills and cargo manifests.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], People's Transportation Co. bills and manifests, B 113, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Shipping--Oregon--History--19th century
- Steamboat lines--Oregon
- Transportation--Oregon--History--19th century
- Corporate Names :
- People's Transportation Company (Salem, Or.)--Records and correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Shipping records
- Ships' manifests