Pat Stineff Collection, circa 1920 PDF
- Stineff, Pat
- Pat Stineff Collection
- circa 1920 (inclusive)19151925
- 0.08 cubic feet
- Collection Number
- OrSlTCC Stineff
- The collection contains a purse basket and materials pertaining to Lena Powell, an Independence resident who collected Siletz baskets.
- Confederated Tribes of the Siletz, Tribal Cultural Collections
402 Park Way P.O. Box 549
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Collection materials are in English.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant rewarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
A letter, written by Clares C. Powell, describes how the basket was obtained by her mother, Lena Powell, through trading with Siletz tribal members who travelled annually to the Independence area to camp and pick hops. The subject of the accompanying photograph is identified in the letter as Old Annie, one of the basket weavers Powell traded with.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints
- Siletz baskets