Jacquelin F. Holland Papers, 1945-1951 PDF
- Holland, Jacquelin F. (Jacquelin Farley), 1928-2006
- Jacquelin F. Holland Papers
- 1945-1951 (inclusive)19451951
- 0.3 cubic foot, including 9 photographs, (2 boxes, including 1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Holland
- The Jacquelin F. Holland Papers consist of a scrapbook, an academic portfolio, photographs, and ephemera created and assembled by Holland as a student at Oregon State College. Holland graduated with a BS in Secretarial Science in 1951.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Jacquelin Farley Holland, from Coos Bay, Oregon attended Oregon State College in 1945-1947 and 1948-1951 and graduated with a BS in Secretarial Science in 1951. Holland was a resident of the Linden Hall and Winston House cooperatives. Her married name was James and she was known as Jackie James after 1956. She died in Salem, Oregon, in 2006.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Jacquelin F. Holland Papers consist of a scrapbook, an academic portfolio, photographs, and ephemera created and assembled by Holland. The scrapbook documents Holland's acceptance to Oregon State College in 1945; her student activities, primarily during her first two years at OSC in 1945-1947; and her residence in the Linden Hall cooperative. It includes correspondence, dance cards, ticket stubs, receipts, programs and publications, and group photographs of the residents of Linden Hall. The academic portfolio was prepared by Holland in 1951 for the Secretarial Science Department and includes personal information, work history, a list of courses taken, letters of recommendation from faculty and employers, and ratings of personal characteristics such as patience, determination, sense of humor, and correct use of the telephone.
The photographs consist of photographic prints and include portrait images of Holland and group photographs of the residents of Winston House. The ephemera include Holland's registration cards, diploma, commencement programs, and publications. Of particular note is a program for the January 27, 1951 Oregon State versus University of Oregon basketball game.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Jacquelin F. Holland Papers, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Housing, Cooperative--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Student activities--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Student housing--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Women--Oregon--Corvallis--Societies and clubs.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State College. Dept. of Secretarial Science.
- Oregon State College--Student housing.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.