Margaret Rush Papers, 1937-1939 PDF
- Rush, Margaret
- Margaret Rush Papers
- 1937-1939 (inclusive)19371939
- .25 linear foot (l document case)
- Collection Number
- Mss 2870
- Margaret Rush was a photographer and correspondent for the Oregon Journal newspaper who covered Bonneville Dam construction for three years. Collection includes manuscript of "So I Went By Bus" by Rush and press releases.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Margaret Rush was a photographer and correspondent for the Oregon Journal newspaper who covered Bonneville Dam construction for three years. She was the only woman in the county covering a government construction project at the time and also wrote about bus travel and the history of bus systems.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1937-1939) includes a manuscript of "So I Went By Bus," written by Margaret Rush about early Portland, family life and her trip to New York in 1939. The manuscript includes descriptions of bus travel and the history of bus systems. Material includes press releases (1937) of progress on the Bonneville Dam by Captain Colby M. Myers, Executive Officer, Corps of Engineers.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library before any publication use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Margaret Rush Papers, Mss2870, Oregon Historical Society Research Library
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1-5||Manuscript--"So I Went By
Manuscript by Margaret Rush
|6||Manuscript--"So I Went By Bus,"
Includes photocopy of Oregon Journal article (1938) relating to activities of Margaret Rush
|7||Bonneville Dam press
Press releases by Colby M. Myers, Executive Officer, Corps of Engineers
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Bus travel--United States--History.
- Buses--United States--History.
- Dams--Columbia River--History.
- Personal Names :
- Myers, Colby M.
- Rush, Margaret. (creator)
- Corporate Names :
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- United States. Bonneville Power Administration.
- Geographical Names :
- Bonneville Dam (Or. and Wash.)--History.
- Portland (Or.)--History.
- United States--Description and Travel--20th century.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication.
- Press releases.