The Websterian Literary Society was organized in October 1892, one of two societies created at the time (the other being the Ciceronian Literary Society) through a plan conceived by the college's president, John Bloss. It was a coeducational society that met bi-weekly with programs that included instrumental and vocal music, readings, declamations, and debates. The society initially had two chapters, and later added a third as membership increased. The Websterians probably disbanded in 1895 or 1896 when several new literary societies were formed.
The records pertain to the organization, administration, and activities of the society. Several membership lists are included throughout the records.
Websterian Literary Society Records (RG 47), Oregon State Univerity Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.