- Ecker, Peter S.
- Peter S. Ecker papers
- 1930s-1950s (inclusive)19301959
- 0.25 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- ACCN 2577
- The Peter S. Ecker papers (1930s-1950s) consist of photocopied news clippings and a booklet regarding the Intermountain Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) basketball and information about Ecker Hill and the 1947 Intermountain Ski Jumping Championships.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Peter S. Ecker was born March 25, 1898 in Oslo, Norway, a son of Ole and Ingeborg Ecker. He married Gudrun Kaalstad on April 21, 1920. Ecker was owner and operator of Ecker's Photo Studio for 40 years and a pioneer in ski promotion in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was president of the Intermountain Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) and sponsored AAU basketball teams as early as 1933. In March of 1959, Ecker was admitted to the Utah State Amateur Sports Association Hall of Fame.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Peter S. Ecker papers consist of photocopied news clippings and a booklet regarding Intermountain Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) basketball and information about Ecker Hill and the 1947 Intermountain Ski Jumping Championships.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Ski jumping--Utah--History--Sources
- Ecker, Peter S.--Archives
- Amateur Athletic Union of the United States
Form or Genre Terms