Agnes Gregson Collection, circa 1870 - 1971 PDF
- Gregson, Agnes.
- Agnes Gregson Collection
- circa 1870 - 1971 (inclusive)18701971
- 0.2 cubic foot, including 64 photographs, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Gregson
- The Agnes Gregson Collection consists of materials assembled by Gregson primarily documenting her student years at Oregon Agricultural College in the late 1910s and early 1920s. Gregson earned a BS in Home Economics in 1921.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Agnes Gregson graduated from Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) in 1921 with a BS degree in Home Economics. Gregson enrolled at OAC in the fall of 1916 and attended for the 1916-1917 and 1917-1918 academic years and the fall term of 1918; she returned to OAC for the full 1920-1921 academic year. Agnes met Murray Miller at OAC and they were married by 1922. Murray completed his studies at OAC in electrical engineering in 1929. The Millers lived in Oregon City where Agnes worked for the county public library for more than 20 years.
Agnes Irene Gregson was born in Aberdeen, South Dakota on April 23, 1895 and attended school in Aberdeen until her teen years, when her family moved to Salem, Oregon. Gregson graduated from Salem High School - perhaps in 1914. She may have attended Willamette University before enrolling at OAC or during the 1918-1920 period. Agnes Gregson Miller died in 1975.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Agnes Gregson Collection consists of materials assembled by Gregson primarily documenting her student years at Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) in the late 1910s and early 1920s. The collection includes dance cards, decals, event programs, grade reports, greetings cards, letters, name tags, newspaper clippings, photographs, postcards, and ticket stubs. Materials reflecting Gregson's grade school and high school years in South Dakota and Salem, Oregon, are also included.
The photographs include portrait images and snapshots of Agnes and her family and friends; most of the images are unidentified. A tintype of an unidentified man is part of the collection. Photographs of Agnes with other OAC students are included as well as a 1971 group photograph of Agnes with other alumni at the 50th reunion of the Class of 1921. A list of reunion attendees is included with the photograph.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Agnes Gregson Collection (MSS Gregson), Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Class reunions--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Student activities--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural College--Alumni and alumnae.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
- Oregon State University--Alumni and alumnae.
- Geographical Names :
- Salem (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Dance cards.
- Photographic prints.