L. Wilson Clark Photographs, 1870s-1880s PDF
- Clark, L. Wilson
- L. Wilson Clark Photographs
- 1870s-1880s (inclusive)18651895
- 17 photographic prints (1 box)
- Collection Number
- Photographs of residents of Olympia, and locations in and around Olympia,Washington Territory.
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Entire collection can be viewed on the Libraries’ Digital Collections website. Permission of Visual Materials Curator required to view originals. Contact Special Collections for more information.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was partially provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
L. Wilson Clark, originally from Illinois, was a photographer in Olympia in Washington Territory during the 1880s. His studio was located on Main Street. His photography studio was taken over by A.D. Rogers in 1889.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of photographs documenting life in Olympia during the 1870s and 1880s, before Washington became a state in 1889. Among the photographs are buildings, portraits, group photographs, and photographs of members of the Washington Territory Legislature. There is also an image of the Tenino train depot and a photo of Tumwater Falls. All photographs in this collection are by L. Wilson Clark.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Restrictions may exist on reproduction, quotation, or publication. Contact Special Collections, University of Washington Libraries for details.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
OlympiaReturn to Top
Lee family, Olympia, Washington Territory
Written on front: Bessie Frances, Lewis Earle, Lerrie Buyson Lee, Herbert Murston, William B. Lee, Mary Murston.
Washington Territory Legislative MembersReturn to Top
Members of the House, Washington Territory
Same portraits as item 13a, but in a different order.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Buildings--Washington (State)--Olympia--Photographs
- Legislators--Washington (State)--Olympia--Photographs
- Visual Materials Collections (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Clark, L. Wilson
- Corporate Names :
- Washington (State). Legislature--Photographs
- Geographical Names :
- Olympia (Wash.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Photographs
- Washington (State)--Officials and employees--Photographs