Clyde L. Kiddle papers, 1937-1938 PDF
- Kiddle, Clyde L., 1891-1969
- Clyde L. Kiddle papers
- 1937-1938 (inclusive)19371938
- 0.25 linear feet, (8 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 288
- Clyde L. Kiddle (1891-1969) was a native of Iowa who came to Oregon in 1896, served in the Oregon state Senate for one year in 1937, and then resigned in 1938 for a federal position with Oregon agriculture. The collection (1937-1938) contains letters from constituents, personal correspondence, scrapbook pages, bills introduced by Kiddle, Senate committee information, subject files, and biographical material.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Clyde L. Kiddle (1891-1969) was born near Jefferson, Iowa, and came to Oregon in 1896. He was a farmer and rancher in Eastern Oregon, and served in World War II in the Marines.
In 1936, Kiddle was elected to the Oregon state Senate, representing Union and Wallowa counties, as a Democrat. He resigned in 1938 to take the position of State Supervisor of Crop Insurance for Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains three folders of letters from constituents, and one folder of personal correspondence.
Included in the collection is Kiddle's resignation letter to Governor Snell, and Snell's reply.
Also available is a folder of bills introduced by Kiddle during his year in the state senate, a subject file that contains information on agricultural issues, predatory animal control, game animals, and the Oregon State Grange.
There is also a file of scrapbook pages that include information on committees Kiddle served on or worked with, meeting minutes of the Railroads and Utilities committee (of which Kiddle was the chair), and clippings regarding Kiddle and the Oregon senate. There is one file of biographical material regarding Kiddle, which includes information about the Kiddle family and ranching business in Oregon.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Clyde L. Kiddle papers, A 288, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Personal Names :
- Kiddle, Clyde L., 1891-1969
- Geographical Names :
- Oregon--Politics and government--1859-1950
- Form or Genre Terms :