E. A. Schwartz Research Papers, 1774-1997 PDF
- Schwartz, E. A.
- E. A. Schwartz Research Papers
- 1774-1997 (inclusive)17741997
- 3.7 cubic feet, (4 boxes)
- Collection Number
- OrSlTCC Schwartz
- The collection contains materials gathered by E. A. Schwartz while researching for his Ph.D. dissertation, Blood Money: The Rogue River Indian War and its Aftermath, 1850-1986.
- Confederated Tribes of the Siletz, Tribal Cultural Collections
402 Park Way P.O. Box 549
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Collection materials are in English.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant rewarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains materials gathered by Schwartz while researching for his Ph.D. dissertation concerning the Rogue River War and the treatment of western Oregon tribes from 1850 to 1986. Collection focuses include the Rogue River War, Bureau of Indian Affairs, and restoration of Siletz tribal status. A secondary focus is the 1985 murder trial of Dino and Gary Butler. Copies of Schwartz's dissertation and book, The Rogue River Indian War and Its Aftermath, 1850-1980, are included.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Transcripts of the Superintendent of Indian Affairs and Siletz Agency materials are available online through the Native American Documents Project. The NADP was established by E. A. Schwartz.
E. A. Schwartz Research Papers, Siletz Tribal Cultural Collections, Siletz, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Grave robbing--Oregon
- Indian agents--Oregon
- Indian reservations--Oregon
- Indians of North America--Treaties--Oregon
- Rogue River Indian War, 1855-1856
- Siletz Indians--Legal status, laws, etc.
- Siletz Indians--Politics and Government
- Corporate Names :
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints
- Research notes