Bennett Feigenbaum papers, 1967-1973 PDF
- Feigenbaum, Bennett
- Bennett Feigenbaum papers
- 1967-1973 (inclusive)19671973
- 13.5 linear feet (10 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 2119 (Accession No. 2119-001)
- Papers of a lawyer and civic activist of Seattle
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections for details.
Records stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
- Additional Reference Guides
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Lawyer and civic activist of Seattle, Washington. Bennett Feigenbaum was educated in Washington, D.C., and Maryland. He began his career in Seattle as a Law Clerk to Chief Justice of Washington State Supreme Court, 1958-1960. From 1960-1964 he practiced law with the firm of McMicked, Rupp and Schweppe. Feigenbaum became the assistant general attorney of Pacific Northwest Bell Telephone Company, 1964-1973. During the 13 years that he worked in Seattle, Bennett Feigenbaum made a sizable contribution to local civic affairs. He was active with the Interstate 90 group concerning the transit tax in 1969. The Municipal League of Seattle and King County, of which he was the creator and first chairman of the Urban Social Problems Committee; Seattle Charter Review Committee, Seattle Citizens Legislative Review Committee, and Seattle Parks Committee of Forward Thrust are a few of the many civic, cultural, and environmental organizations in which he participated.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, reports, position papers, court hearings, legislative material.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Feigenbaum, Bennett--Archives
- Uhlman, Wesley C
- Corporate Names :
- Seattle (Wash.). Police Chief Selection Committee
- Seattle (Wash.). Police Dept
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- League of Women Voters of King County (creator)
- Municipal League of Seattle and King County (creator)
- Seattle (Wash.). City Council (creator)
- Washington (State). Dept. of Highways (creator)
- Washington Roadside Council (creator)