Students' Cooperative Association records, 1930-1981 PDF
- Students' Cooperative Association (Eugene, Or.)
- Students' Cooperative Association records
- 1930-1981 (inclusive)19301981
- 4.5 linear feet, (3 containers, and 1 folder. )
- Collection Number
- UA 174
- The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members. The cooperative includes the houses Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. The houses are near the University of Oregon campus and one house is geared toward graduate students. Membership includes both room and board; members share responsibility for the daily functions of the house.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this department.
Collection is organized by accession and includes the following material:
Accession 11209.A: Scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, photographs, and membership applications, 1930-1960.
Accession 12.203.A: a history of student cooperatives at UO, 2011.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Students' Cooperative Association records, UA 174, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College students--Oregon--Eugene
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Student housing--Oregon--Eugene
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- Corporate Names :
- Students' Cooperative Association (Eugene, Or.)--Records and correspondence
- University of Oregon--Student housing
- Form or Genre Terms :