Blanche Kunz Collection on William E. Borah, 1936-1957 PDF
- Kunz, Blanche;MacKenzie, Kenneth S.
- Blanche Kunz Collection on William E. Borah
- 1936-1957 (inclusive)19361957
- 0.25 linear feet, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS 154
- This collection consists primarily of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Blanche Kunz, of Arbon, Idaho, on the final illness, death, and funeral of U.S. Senator William E. Borah in 1940.
- Boise State University Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
1910 University Drive
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided, in part, by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of a scrapbook and a magazine collected by Blanche Kunz, of Arbon, Idaho.
The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings on the final illness, death, and funeral of U.S. Senator William E. Borah in 1940 as well as a few later clippings relating to Borah. Additionally it features a 1940 letter to Kunz from Senator Kenneth S. Mackenzie of Idaho Falls about the poem he wrote entitled “The Bier of Senator Borah.”
The collection also includes a copy of Time magazine for March 30, 1936, with a long article on a possible Presidential candidacy by Borah. Borah’s portrait is on the cover.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[item description], Blanche Kunz Collection on William E. Borah, Box [number] Folder [number], Boise State University Special Collections and Archives.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Scrapbook of Newspaper Clippings and Letter from Senator Kenneth s. Mackenzie||1940-1957|
|1||Time magazine, Volume 27 Number 13||1936 March 30|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Legislators--United States--Biography
- United Stats. Congress. Senate--Biography
- Personal Names :
- Borah, William Edgar, 1865-1940