R. Percy Abbey papers, 1910 PDF
- Abbey, R. Percy
- R. Percy Abbey papers
- 1910 (inclusive)
- 2 folders
- Collection Number
- Mss 223
- This collection includes documents about the formation of a commercial club in Augusta, Montana, and its activities to promote settlement of the area. It also includes documents about a Fourth of July celebration held in Augusta in 1910.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
R. Percy Abbey appears to have been a director and cashier of the Augusta State Bank in Augusta, Montana, a small community outside of Great Falls. He was also a founder of Augusta's commercial club, which worked to promote the area for settlement.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of two groups of items, all dated 1910. The first group concerns the formation of a commercial club in Augusta, Montana, and its activities to promote settlement of the area. It includes testimonies gathered from farmers on the richness of the land, climate data, an announcement of the commercial club's formation, and correspondence on same with Mr. S.W. Teagarden of Great Falls and the state Bureau of Agriculture and Labor in Helena. The second group concerns a Fourth of July celebration held in Augusta in 1910. Abbey was one of the organizers for this subscription-based event that included a band concert, dance, baseball game with Choteau, Montana, and foot races.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright not transferred to The University of Montana.
[Name of document or photograph number], R. Percy Abbey Papers, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Community development--Montana--Augusta--Societies, etc
- Fourth of July celebrations--Montana--Augusta
- Personal Names :
- Teagarden, S. W.--Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Montana. Bureau of Agriculture, Labor, and Industry
- Geographical Names :
- Augusta (Mont.)--Social life and customs
- Augusta (Mont.)--Commerce