Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs records, 1899-1970 PDF
- Dunbar, Saidie Orr, 1889-1960Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs
- Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs records
- 1899-1970 (inclusive)18991970
- 24.25 linear feet, (17 containers)
- Collection Number
- Bx 174
- The Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs' (OFWC) mission is to "bring into communication and to unite the women's clubs and like organizations throughout the State for the purpose of mutual benefit, and for the promotion of their common interest in educational, industrial, artistic, and scientific culture as interpreted and implemented by established policy." The collection contains OFWC minutes, publications, constiutions and bylaws, reports, directories, financial records, scrapbooks, histories, yearbooks, and General Federation publications and communications.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains:
OFWC minutes, convention reports, executive minutes, board of director's minutes, 1899-1970;
Financial records including Doernbecher Hospital fund, ledgers and membership reports, disbursements and receipts, financial journals, corporation reports, and audit reports from 1925-1970 (not inclusive);
District files include a treasurer's book, minutes and reports, constitution and bylaws, financial reports, ledgers, scrapbooks, and district histories from the first-sixth districts, 1913-1970 (not inclusive);
Yearbooks and pictures are available from 1903-1929 (yearbooks were discontinued after 1929).
OFWC publications from 1901-1977, as well as handbooks, bulletins and other miscellaneous publications from 1924-1970;
State directories/handbooks with supplements are available from 1943-1970;
Also available is a personal scrapbook of Saidie Orr Dunbar (1938-1941), a biography of Dunbar, and a General Federation book from 1890 that belonged to Dunbar;
Included in the collection is material from OFWC conferences, accounting books, minutes, resolutions, information about Oregon related issues and programs, General Federation publications and reports, and historical summaries of OFWC and the General Federation.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs (OFWC) was admitted to the General Federation of Women's Clubs on January 10, 1901. The mission of the OFWC is to "bring into communication and to unite the women's clubs and like organizations throughout the State for the purpose of mutual benefit, and for the promotion of their common interest in educational, industrial, artistic, and scientific culture as interpreted and implemented by established policy".
All clubs are organized according to the structure of the General Federation of Women's Clubs. The Oregon Federation is organized statewide into four Districts: Eastern, Southern, Valley, and Western. Local clubs are the focal point of all information. It is their mission to create a better world through action for change within their community.
The Oregon Federation belongs to the Western States Region, which also includes Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, and Washington. The Oregon Federation is filed with the State of Oregon Corporate Division as a non-profit organization and with the IRS as a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
Source: GFWC/Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs website: http://www.gfwc-ofwc.org
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
[Identification of item], Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs records, Bx 174, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Women--Oregon--Societies and clubs
- Personal Names :
- Dunbar, Saidie Orr, 1889-1960
- Corporate Names :
- General Federation of Women's Clubs.
- Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs--Records and correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Administrative records