Leo Simon photographs of Portland architecture, 1930-1970 PDF
- Simon, Leo, 1891-1986
- Leo Simon photographs of Portland architecture
- 1930-1970 (inclusive)19301970
- 1 linear feet, (1 container (1 photo print box))
- Collection Number
- Leo F. Simon (1891-1986) was a nature lover and a commercial photographer in Portland, Oregon, 1907-1976. In 1925 he operated the Sowell Studio. The collection consists of seventy images of Portland landmarks, 1930s-1960s.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of seventy 8 x 10 gelatin silver, black and white images of Portland landmarks, 1930s-1970 with specific focus on Portland buildings and architecture. Collection also includes two photographic prints of subject Steamwheeler 'Jean' of Portland, OR.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Leo F. Simon (1891-1986) was a commercial photographer in Portland, Oregon, 1907-1976.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
[Identification of item], Leo Simon photographs, PH200_002_[item number], Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Geographical Names :
- Portland (Or.)--Photographs