Office of Greek Life records, 1964-1988 PDF
- University of Oregon. Office of Greek Life
- Office of Greek Life records
- 1964-1988 (inclusive)19641988
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- UA 096
- The Office of Greek Life at the University of Oregon handled administrative duties for sororities and fraternities on campus. The collection contains sorority and fraternity files, photographs, correspondence, minutes, and general school information.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
UNARRANGED COLLECTION. UNAVAILABLE FOR USE. For more information, please submit a Notice of Interest in Unprocessed Collections.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Office of Greek Life at the University of Oregon handled administrative duties for sororities and fraternities on campus. The office was previously known as the Dean of Sororities and Fraternities.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains sorority and fraternity files, photographs, correspondence, minutes, and general school information.
Collection is organized by accession and includes the following material:
Accessions 1996.383b.A and 1996.496a.A: sorority and fraternity information filed by name of group, also files of photographs, and minutes, 1964-1988.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival records many contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Office of Greek Life records, UA 096, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College students--Oregon--Eugene--Societies, etc
- Education, Higher--Oregon--Eugene
- Greek letter societies--Oregon--Eugene
- Corporate Names :
- University of Oregon. Office of Greek Life--Records and correspondence
- University of Oregon--Students
- University of Oregon--Students--Societies, etc
- Form or Genre Terms :