Religious Embassy Scrapbook, 1950-1951 PDF
- Religion in Education Foundation.
- Religious Embassy Scrapbook
- 1950-1951 (inclusive)19501951
- 0.03 cubic foot, including 9 photographs , (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS ReligiousEmbassy
- The Religious Embassy Scrapboook documents a week of activities and events with the theme, "The Sciences and Religion Search Together", held at Oregon State College in November 1950. The scrapbook was assembled by the Religion in Education Foundation, one of the sponsors of the Embassy.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Religious Embassy was held at Oregon State College on November 12-15, 1950, with the theme, The Sciences and Religion Search Together. The week's events included lectures, convocations, and forums for faculty and students that were organized by the Campus Religious Council. The Religion in Education Foundation was a sponsor of the Embassy. Speakers included Robert A. Millikan, former president of the California Institute of Technology; Robert H. Sweeney, president of the University of Portland; J. Randolph and Martena Sasnett, Religion in Education Foundation; John H. Otwell, Pacific School of Religion; and Philip S. Hitchcock, Oregon State Senator from Klamath Falls.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Religious Embassy Scrapbook documents a week of activities and events with the theme, The Sciences and Religion Search Together, held at Oregon State College in November 1950. The scrapbook was assembled by the Religion in Education Foundation and includes clippings, a program, correspondence, committee reports, and photographs. The photographs consist of 3 b/w and 6 color prints. The images include portrait photographs of Robert A. Millikan and J. Randolph Sasnett and snapshots of students and others with the Embassy speakers.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Religious Embassy Scrapbook (MSS ReligiousEmbassy), Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College students--Religious life--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Religion and science.
- Personal Names :
- Millikan, Robert Andrews, 1868-1953.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State College--Students.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State College. Campus Religious Council. (creator)