Albert W. Stone papers, 1958-1982 PDF
- Stone, Albert W., 1920-1997
- Albert W. Stone papers
- 1958-1982 (inclusive)19581982
- 0.2 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Mss 555
- The Albert W. Stone Papers include a University of Montana Salary and Promotions Committee folder, 1964-1976, a Reorganization of Faculty Senate folder, 1960-1961, and foldered research generated by Stone's work on groundwater laws in Montana, 1958-1961.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Albert W. Stone received his B.A. from the University of California (Berkeley) in 1943, attended Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration and received his J.D. from Duke University in 1948. He began his law career as a law clerk in the District Court of Appeal in the State of California while he taught at San Francisco Law School from 1949-1950. He worked as an attorney from 1950-1954 before coming to the University of Montana in 1954 and teaching until his retirement in 1984. He then continued to teach part-time until 1992. He married Florence Lucille Cook in 1974. He died in 1997.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Albert W. Stone Papers include a University of Montana Salary and Promotions Committee folder, 1962-1976, a Reorganization of Faculty Senate folder, 1960-1961, and foldered research generated by Stone's work on groundwater laws in Montana, 1958-1961. It also includes a copy of A Summary Report on the Groundwater Situation in Montana by S.L. Groff with a chapter on "Montana and the Law on Groundwater" by Albert W. Stone, 1958.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes.
[Name of document or photograph number], Albert W. Stone Papers, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Riparian rights--Montana
- Water rights--Montana
- Water--Law and legislation--Montana
- Corporate Names :
- Montana State University (Missoula). Faculty Senate
- University of Montana (Missoula, Mont.). Salary and Promotions Committee
- University of Montana (Missoula, Mont.)--Faculty
- Occupations :
- Law teachers--Montana--Missoula
- Titles within the Collection :
- A Summary Report on the Groundwater Situation in Montana