Otto David Tolischus papers, 1927-1966 PDF
- Tolischus, Otto David, 1890-1967
- Otto David Tolischus papers
- 1927-1966 (inclusive)19271966
- 3.0 linear feet, (2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Ax 368
- Otto D. Tolischus was a German immigrant and journalist and is known for his Pulitzer Prize winning coverage of Nazi Germany. Collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, editorials, lectures, scripts, biographical information, memos, and a photograph.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, editorials, lectures, scripts, biographical information, memos, and a photograph.
Correspondence, 1922-1966, is organized alphabetically. People represented include editors, publishers, politicians, and government officials from the United States, Germany, and other international locations. There is one folder concerning the Tolischus family's wherabouts and safety during World War II. Major correspondents are Frank S. Booth, Barry Farris, Frank Mason, Arthur H. Sulzberger.
Manuscripts includes articles, editorials, lectures, and radio scripts for the New York Times and International News Service. Articles deal with the rise of Hitler, Germany, and Japan in World War II, as well as the growth of Communism, 1936-1966.
There are six volumes of news clippings from the New York Times, 1942-1965.
Miscellaneous documents includes notes, memos, reports, correspondence, biographical information, and a photograph.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Otto David Tolischus papers, Ax 368, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Foreign correspondents--United States
- Journalists--United States
- Journalists--United States--Biography.
- World War, 1939-1945
- Personal Names :
- Tolischus, Otto David, 1890-1967
- Form or Genre Terms :