Alpha Delta Kappa, Beta Chapter (Missoula, Montana) Records, 1960-1980 PDF
- Alpha Delta Kappa, Beta Chapter (Missoula, Montana)
- Alpha Delta Kappa, Beta Chapter (Missoula, Montana) Records
- 1960-1980 (inclusive)19601980
- 2.0 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Mss 589
- The collection contains meeting minutes, yearbooks, photographs, artifacts, scrapbooks, writings, and other materials related to the Beta Chapter of Montana’s Alpha Delta Kappa society.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana--Missoula.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Alpha Delta Kappa is an honorary society for women educators founded in 1947, by a group of teachers in Kansas, Missouri. One of the stated goals of the organization is to “give recognition to teachers who have proved themselves to be strong, efficient teachers, who are professional, and who are socially commendable.” The organization supports a variety of philanthropic projects in communities and schools across the nation and globe.
Montana’s Beta Chapter was formed on February 20, 1960, in Missoula, Montana. It was the second Alpha Delta Kappa chapter in the state. Providing assistance to the Opportunity School in Missoula was one of the Beta Chapter’s first projects. The chapter held programs on education issues throughout the year and sent some of its members as representatives to seminars and Alpha Delta Kappa conferences. Montana’s Beta Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa was dissolved in 1980. Its active members transferred to the Missoula Eta Chapter and the new Fidelis Alpha was formed that same year.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains meeting minutes, yearbooks, photographs, artifacts, scrapbooks, writings, and other materials related to Montana’s Beta Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa. One item of particular note is the history of the Beta Chapter written by its members, which contains a chronology of the chapter’s meetings and activities. The collection also contains a yearbook from Montana’s Delta Chapter of Dillon, Montana.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright not transferred to The Univeristy of Montana -- Missoula.
[Name of document or photograph number], Alpha Delta Kappa, Beta Chapter Records, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||Charter and honor||1960-1964|
|1/2||Membership, minutes, information||1960-1973|
|1/4||Montana Beta Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa: A History (1960-1980)||undated|
|1/5||Founder’s Day booklets||undated|
|1/7||Rituals and ceremonies handbooks||1966 and undated|
|1/8||Photographs||1967-1978 and undated|
|1/11||Alpha Delta Kappa, Delta Chapter (Dillon, Montana), Yearbook||1965-1966|
|2||Artifacts: Make-up compact and matching container, both marked “Alpha Delta Kappa”||undated|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Greek letter societies--Montana--Dillon
- Greek letter societies--Montana--Missoula
- Women educators - Montana - Missoula - Societies, etc.
- Women educators - Montana--Dillon--Societies, etc.
- Women in community development--Montana--Dillon
- Women in community development--Montana--Missoula
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Scrapbooks - Montana--Missoula
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Alpha Delta Kappa--Delta Chapter (Dillon, Mont.)