Andrew William Vachon prints, 1973-1974 PDF
- Vachon, Andrew William
- Andrew William Vachon prints
- 1973-1974 (inclusive)19731974
- 2 linear feet, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- This collection eight prints created by Andrew Vachon in 1973 and 1974. Andrew Vachon was a Jesuit priest and artist who taught photography at Gonzaga University.
- Whitman College and Northwest Archives
Whitman College and Northwest Archives
Penrose Library, Room 130
345 Boyer Avenue
Walla Walla, WA
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Andrew William Vachon was a Jesuit priest and artist. He earned his master's degree in philosophy from Gonzaga University in 1936, and returned there to teach photography in 1965. Father Vachon's art often combines philosophy and theology with nature. He died on June 1, 1979 at Gonzaga's Jesuit House.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains eight prints created by Andrew Vachon in 1973 and 1974. The eight prints are from a series of two hundred, and are unified by the theme of ships and water.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Artists--Washington (State)