Information Technology records, 1967-1973 PDF
- University of Oregon. Computing CenterUniversity of Oregon. Information Technology
- Information Technology records
- 1967-1973 (inclusive)19671973
- 6.5 linear feet, (5 containers)
- Collection Number
- UA 164
- Information Technology services at the University of Oregon (formerly known as the Computing Center) opened in 1967. The collection (1967-1973) contains minutes, correspondence, committee files, reports, and memoranda.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
UNAVAILABLE DEPARTMENTAL RECORDS: Permanent University Archive public records are available for research, and are subject to state, and in some cases federal freedom of information laws. In compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, FERPA and HIPAA, specific records that are legally protected, sensitive, private, or confidential are exempt (not subject to disclosure) and closed to protect individual privacy.
For more information, please submit a Notice of Interest in Unprocessed Collections.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Information Technology services at the University of Oregon (formerly known as the Computing Center) opened in 1967.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1967-1973) contains minutes, correspondence, committee files, reports, and memoranda that document the Computing Center in the 1960s and 1970s.
As of 2013, we do not yet have any material regarding the center after it changed its name to Information Technology.
Material is organized by accession and includes the following material: (lists are not comprehensive)
Accession 10699.A: Computing Center records including meeting minutes, correspondence, and records of the International Committee on Computer Activities, 1967-1973.
Accession 11319.A: Computing Center records including SLCC committee records, 1972-1973
Accession 2002s.18.A: Computing Center records including reports and memoranda, 1972-1973.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Identification of item], Information Technology records, UA 164, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Computation laboratories--Oregon--Eugene
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- Corporate Names :
- University of Oregon. Computing Center--Records and correspondence
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Administrative records
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- University of Oregon. Information Technology (fmo)