Photographs of Oregon railroad scenes, steamboats, and Portland streetcars,, circa 1880-1960 PDF
- Photographs of Oregon railroad scenes, steamboats, and Portland streetcars,
- 1 folder.
- Collection Number
- Accession 25927
- Photographs from Arthur Elledge, of Oregon railroad scenes; photographs from Edward Keller, of steamboats; photographs from Gottleib Keller, of Portland streetcars; and ephemera..
- Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
This collection is unprocessed. For information contact the Oregon Historical Society Research Library at email@example.com, or 503-306-5240.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Donor's uncle Arthur Elledge went to work for the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1918 after leaving the Navy. Wife Mary Elledge was a cook on a work train. Donor's grandfather Gottleib Keller was born in Kansas. He worked in car barns as a carpenter, then became a conductor. He was a member of the Milwaukie City Council and opened a grocery store there.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Photographs from Arthur Elledge, of Oregon railroad scenes; photographs from Edward Keller, of steamboats; photographs from Gottleib Keller, of Portland streetcars; and ephemera.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Railroads -- Oregon -- Photographs.
- Steamboats -- Oregon -- Photographs.
- Street-railroads -- Oregon -- Portland -- Photographs.
- Corporate Names :
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company -- Photographs.
- Family Names :
- Elledge, Arthur.
- Keller, Edward.
- Keller, Gottleib.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographs. -- aat
- Printed ephemera. -- aat