Oral history interview with Victor C. Amira, 2018 PDF
- Amira, Victor C.
- Oral history interview with Victor C. Amira
- 2018 (inclusive)20182018
- Originals as received: 1 digital audio file (WAV); 1 digital document file (PDF)
- Collection Number
- 6236 (Accession No. 6236-001)
- Oral history interview with a member of Seattle's Sephardic community and banker
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on access.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Victor C. Amira was born in Seattle in October of 1931. He grew up in the Sephardic area of the city and attended the University of Washington in 1948-1949. He went on to have a career in banking, ultimately becoming vice-president of Northwest Bank. Among other successful pursuits, he worked in real estate and also founded an employment agency and a bank teller training institute. In his retirement, he has worked several temporary positions including a favorite as receptionist at the juvenile court in Seattle.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Oral history interview and transcript of Victor C. Amira conducted by Nancy Blase and Janice Rabkin on July 16, 2018. Victor discusses his early childhood in Seattle's Sephardic community, his attendance at the University of Washington, and his career in banking. He also talks about meeting his wife Regina, and their family.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Forms part of the Washington State Jewish Archives
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Listen to the audio recording and view the transcript of this interview on the Libraries Digital Collections site.
Creator's copyrights transferred to the University of Washington Libraries Special Collections.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Banks and banking--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Jewish bankers--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Jewish men--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Amira, Victor C.--Interviews
- Corporate Names :
- Northwest Bank