Northwestern Lumber Company Photo Album, Approximately 1900-1935 PDF
- Northwestern Lumber Company Photo Album
- Approximately 1900-1935 (inclusive)19001935
- 0.25 linear feet, (1 album)
- Collection Number
- The album contains photographs of logging operations in Washington state near Hoquiam, the Moclips River, and the Tacoma waterfront.
- University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Northwestern Lumber Company was founded in 1882 as a sawmill owned by Simpson Lumber Company. It was known as Hoquiam Mill until 1984 when the name changed to Northwestern Lumber Company.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The scrapbook contains photographs mostly of logging operations in the Puget Sound area of Washington state, including Hoquiam, Moclips River, and the Tacoma waterfront.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Logging--Washington (State)
- Sawmills--Washington (State)
- Corporate Names :
- Hoquiam Mill Company (Hoquiam, Wash.).
- Northwestern Lumber Company (Wash.).
- Geographical Names :
- Washington (State)