Kay M. Thompson papers, 1969-1972 PDF
- Thompson, Kay M.
- Kay M. Thompson papers
- 1969-1972 (inclusive)19691972
- 0.3 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Mss 852
- Campaign correspondence, news releases and campaign materials for Missoula, Montana, resident Kay Thompson's primary campaign for the United States House of Representatives, 1972. Drafts and copies of her publication “Never write your Congressman – send Him a check” make up a large portion of the collection.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and the University of Montana-Missoula.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Kay M. Thompson ran as a Republican for the United States House of Representatives from Montana in 1972. She ran against incumbent Richard Shoup and lost in the Montana primary. She was a one issue candidate, campaigning on her opposition to the administrative rules regarding the Youth Conservation Corps program and specifically to gain attention for alleged discrimination against hiring children of federal employees for youth programs. Her husband, Keith Thompson, was United States Forest Service employee.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains campaign correspondence, news releases and campaign materials for Missoula resident Kay Thompson's primary campaign for the United States House of Representatives, 1972. Drafts and copies of her publication “Never write your Congressman – send Him a check” make up a large portion of the collection.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes.
[Document description], Kay M. Thompson Papers, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/5||Speeches and Writings||1972|
|1/6||Writings - “Never write your Congressman-send Him a check”||1972 and undated|
|1/7||Writings - “Never write your Congressman-send Him a check”||1972 and undated|
|1/8||Youth Conservation Corps, Publications||1971-1972|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Political participation--Montana--Missoula
- Women political candidates--Montana--Missoula
- Geographical Names :
- Missoula (Mont.)--Politics and government--20th century