UW Ethnomusicology Archives concert recordings: Shruti Sadolikar/Vocal, 1989-04-23 PDF
- Suanda, Endo; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives concert recordings: Shruti Sadolikar/Vocal
- 2 videotapes : 2 Video8 (8 mm, color, TDK MP-90, original video recording with digital stereo audio)
- Collection Number
- Concert performance by Shruti Sadolikar, recorded at the University of Washington, Kane Hall Room 120, on 1989 April 23 at 7:30 p.m. Collected by the university's Ethnomusicology Archives.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives has been collecting and curating unique ethnographic music recordings for over 50 years. Its holdings of more than 15,000 items include field recordings documenting music traditions of all kinds from most areas of the world, concert recordings of visiting musicians, and films and videos of a variety of musical events, as well as several hundred musical instruments. The Archives serves the students and faculty in the UW Ethnomusicology Program, the broader university community, Pacific Northwest tribes, and an international clientele of musicians, students, and teachers.
Archival recordings are available for on-site listening. Depending on collection deposit agreements, copies of some materials may be obtained by researchers. Students are particularly encouraged to utilize archival materials to assist with class projects and help prepare for their own field work. The Archives employs several students each year and works informally with most ethnomusicology students as they begin to consider recording format options, equipment purchase, the practical problems of documentation in the field, and other issues related to their research. Students and other researchers are invited to deposit their field collections in the Archives, which offers secure storage and computer catalog access to all materials.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Recordist: video recording by Endo Suanda on Sony CCD-V220 camcorder (built-in digital audio).
Performers: Shruti Sadolikar/vocal; Mangesh Mulye/tabla; Anant Kunte/sarangi; Vasanti Shrikhande/tanpura, vocal; introduction of artists by Ramesh Gangolli.
Contents: see logsheets for AW1 North India/89-10 for contents listing.
Other: concert was part of a series organized by Ragamala Performing Arts of Canada (Calgary).
For audio recording of same concert see AW1 North India/89-10.
Documentation: See documentation file for AW1 North India/89-10.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- India--Asia--South Asia
- North India
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Sound Recordings
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Katkar, Shruti (performer)
- Kunte, Anant, 1930- (performer)
- Mulye, Mangesh (performer)
- Shrikhande, Vasanti (performer)