Lewis Investment Company records, 1909-1945 PDF
- Lewis Investment Company (Portland, Or.).
- Lewis Investment Company records
- 1909-1945 (inclusive)19091945
- 8.0 linear feet, (3 containers, 27 volumes)
- Collection Number
- Bx 098
- Lewis Investment Company of Portland, Oregon was a real estate firm incorporated in 1909 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis. Collection contains corporate records including Board of Director's, stockholder’s, and Executive Committee minutes, cash books, journals, ledgers, balances and reports, and correspondence.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections & University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Lewis Investment Company of Portland, Oregon was a real estate firm incorporated in 1909 by John C. Lewis, L. A. Lewis, and Robert W. Lewis.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection contains corporate records including Board of Director's, stockholder’s, and Executive Committee minutes, cash books, journals, ledgers, balances and reports, and correspondence.
Board of Director's and stockholders minutes are located in five volumes, from 1909-1945.
Executive committee minutes are in one volume, 1915-1916.
There are cash books (1910-1942), journals (1909-1946), purchase registers (1920-1941), voucher records (1910-1920), and trial balances and reports (1919-1944).
There is also miscellaneous correspondence available.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Lewis Investment Company records, Bx 098, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Business, Industry, and Labor
- Real estate business--Oregon--Portland
- Corporate Names :
- Lewis Investment Company (Portland, Or.)--Records and correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Business records
- Financial records
- Journals (accounts)
- Ledgers (account books)