Laurel Sercombe concert recordings: T. N. Krishnan, 1985-06-22 PDF
- Sercombe, Laurel; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- Laurel Sercombe concert recordings: T. N. Krishnan
- 10 items : 85-28.1-2 OT - 2 vcts (dig. audio rec.) (VHS, sp, stereo); 85-28.3-4 OT - 2 vcts (video rec.) (VHS, sp, stereo); 85-28.5-8 EC - 4 reels (7 1/2 ips, 1/2 tr. stereo, 7"); 85-28.1-2 WT - 2 DATs (dig., stereo); Duration: 2:41:26
- Collection Number
- Concert recorded at the University of Washington, Music Auditorium, 6/22/85 (7:30 p.m.); co-sponsored by the UW Ethnomusicology Division and Ragamala.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Laurel Sercombe has been the Archivist for the Ethnomusicology Program at the University of Washington since 1982. She has co-produced a series of music recordings with Northwest Folklife, lectured for classes in Ethnomusicology, Library and Information Science, and American Indian Studies, and designed and taught a course on sound archiving. In 1998 she received a pre-doctoral Smithsonian Research Fellowship and in 2001 received her Ph.D. with the dissertation And Then It Rained: Power and Song in Western Washington Coast Salish Myth Narratives. She is a member of the Music Library Association, the Association for Recorded Sound Collections, and the Society for Ethnomusicology, for which she served as Current Discographer 1992–2000 and Treasurer 2000–2004. She serves on the boards of Jack Straw Productions and Northwest Heritage Resources. In 2013 she organized and hosted "Sounds of the World," a series of six programs for UWTV featuring film footage from the Robert Garfias Collection in the Ethnomusicology Archives.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Original digital audio recording by Laurel Sercombe with Panasonic PV-6110 vcr (VHS format), Sony PCM-F1 digital audio processor, Neumann KM-83 mics; original video recording by Kay Norton with Panasonic PV-9000 vcr (VHS)
Formats: 85-28.1-2 OT are original digital tapes of concert; 85-28.3-4 OT are original video tapes of concert; 85-28.5-8 EC are analog dubs of digital originals (durations - 40:00, 33:00, 44:37, 40:37); 85-28.1-2 WT are digital copies of digital originals.
performers: T. N. Krishnan, Viji Krishnan, Sriram Krishnan/violins; T.V. Gopalakrishnan/mrdangam (Viji (age - early 20s?) and Sriram (age - 15) are the daughter and son, respectively, of T.N. Krishnan)
Documentation assistance provided by Gayathri Rajapur.
Documentation: Concert flyer.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Violin music
- Geographical Names :
- India--Asia--South Asia
- Seattle (Wash.)
- South India
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Sound Recordings
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Gopalakrishnan, T. V. (Tripunithura Viswanathan), 1932- (performer)
- Krishnan, T.N. (performer)