Washington M. Hair farm account book, 1885-1910 PDF
- Hair, Washington M.
- Washington M. Hair farm account book
- 1885-1910 (inclusive)18851910
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 volume)
- Collection Number
- B 156
- Washington M. Hair owned land and farmed near Unadilla, Nebraska, and then moved to Oregon in 1899 where he commenced farming in Grants Pass. The collection (1885-1910) contains an account book of the Unadille and Grants Pass farms; a note of explanation from Washington M. Hair's daughter, Mozelle Hair, is with the account book.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
According to a written biography and explanation of the contents of the collection by Mozelle Hair, her family farmed near Unadilla, Nebrask until 1899, when they traveled west to Oregon. Her father, Washington M. Hair, then farmed in grants Pass, Josephine County, and then became a partner with George Riddle (of a pioneer family) in a general hardware store. Washington M. Hair died in 1926, his wife, Sue West Hair, in 1941.
Mozelle Hair would later work for the University of Oregon in the Extension division.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Washington M. Hair farm account book, B 156, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Farm management--Oregon.
- Personal Names :
- Hair, Washington M.
- Geographical Names :
- Grants Pass (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Account books