DeYoung and Roald Architectural Plans and photographs, circa 1920-1930 PDF
- DeYoung and Roald (Firm)
- DeYoung and Roald Architectural Plans and photographs
- circa 1920-1930 (inclusive)19201930
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Bx 131
- Collection comprises architectural plans and photographs related to the construction of the New Heathman Hotel, in Portland, Oregon in 1927; photographs of the interior of the Paramount Theater, Portland; photographs of designs and finished buildings in Portland and elsewhere in Oregon; and plans for the residence of Mrs. J. W. DeYoung.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
James W. DeYoung and Knud A. Roald formed an architectural firm in Portland, Oregon in the 1920s.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection comprises original plans and photographs of the construction of the New Heathman Hotel, Portland, in 1927; photographs of the interior of the Paramount Theater, Portland; photographs of designs of finished buildings in Portland and elsewhere in Oregon; plans for the residence of Mrs. J. W. DeYoung, Portland.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], DeYoung and Roald Architectural Plans and Photographs, Bx 131, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Photograph albumsReturn to Top
Interior of Paramount Theater. 23 photographs
Exterior of New Heathman Hotel. 41 photographs
Photos and sketches of churches, houses, schools, etc. designed by DeYoung and Roald. 55 photographs and sketches
Drawing plansReturn to Top
Residence of Mrs. J. W. DeYoung
New Heathman Hotel
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Architecture--Oregon--Designs and plans
- Hotels--Oregon--Portland--Designs and plans
- Motion picture theaters--Oregon--Portland--Photographs
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Architectural photographs
- Architectural records