Fannie E. Taylor Photographs, approximately 1909 PDF
- Taylor, Fannie, 1873-1966
- Fannie E. Taylor Photographs
- approximately 1909 (inclusive)19091909
- 18 black and white photographic prints (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- Photographs of islands, bays, rivers, and structures in Clallam and Jefferson Counties, Washington
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Entire collection can be viewed on the Libraries' Digital Collections website. Permission of Visual Materials curator is required to view originals. Contact Special Collections for more information.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Fannie E. Taylor, also known as Mrs. W. F. Taylor, moved to Mora, Washington, in 1909. After arriving in Mora, Fannie took a job as postmistress of Mora, a position she held until 1924. Fannie's daughter Tealie served as postmistress from 1924, when Fannie left to teach school on the Navajo Reservation for the Indian Service until Fannie again became postmistress in 1937. The post office was discontinued on September 30, 1942, as a result of the area being purchased under the Public Works Administration, eventually to be added to Olympic National Park.
Besides serving as postmistress, Fannie operated the store and overnight accommodations at Mora. She was also an active photographer, capturing the scenery and industries around the Olympic Peninsula.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains eighteen black and white photographs of various locations in Clallam and Jefferson Counties in Washington state. The photographs depict scenery and islands along the coastal area including James Island and Cape Flattery. Most of the photographs are long panorama photographs printed on postcard stock. All photographs are signed "Mrs. W.F. Taylor. Mora, Wash."
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Beaches--Washington (State)--Photographs
- Bodies of water --Washington (State)--Photographs
- Islands--Washington (State)--Photographs
- Geographical Names :
- Clallam County (Wash.)--Photographs
- Flattery, Cape (Wash.)--Photographs
- James Island (Clallam County, Wash.)--Photographs
- Jefferson County (Wash.)--Photographs