Allen Publishing Company photograph collection, circa 1950 PDF
- Allen Publishing Company photograph collection
- circa 1950 (inclusive)19401960
- 160 photographs
- Collection Number
- The Allen Publishing Company photograph collection contains portraits of George Albert Allen and members of the Allen family. As well as photographs of birds and miscellaneous photographs.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Dr. George Allen was a physician from Chicago, Illinois, who moved to Salt Lake City in 1921. In the late 1940s, his fascination with birds coalesced into the Allen Publishing Company, which produced The Pheasant Fanciers, Game Bird Breeders, and Aviculturist's Gazette, a publication devoted entirely to birds. He was also instrumental in establishing the Tracy Aviary, still in operation in Salt Lake's Liberty Park. Dr. Allen's home and its surroundings, Allen Park on 13th East in Salt Lake City, is still a local attraction. The collection consists of photographs of the Allen family, Allen Park, miscellaneous colleagues and friends of the family, many pictures of birds, other animals, and photographs taken during family vacations.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Family, Birds and MiscellaneousReturn to Top
Container(s): Box 1
Dr. George Allen
The Allen Family
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Game and game-birds--Photographs
- Upland game birds--Utah--Photographs
- Personal Names :
- Allen, George Albert--Photographs
- Family Names :
- Allen family--Photographs
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Group portraits--1953-1968
- Photographic prints--1953-1968
- Portrait photographs--1953-1968