Ed Metzger Papers, 1982-1995 PDF
- Metzger, Ed
- Ed Metzger Papers
- 1982-1995 (inclusive)19821995
- 0.25 linear feet, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS 151
- Chiefly news articles and reviews of Ed Metzger's portrayals of Ernest Hemingway and Albert Einstein in the national tours of his one-man plays, Hemingway: On the Edge and Einstein: The Practical Bohemian, including a performance at Boise State University (Boise, Idaho).
- Boise State University Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
1910 University Drive
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided, in part, by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ed Metzger and Laya Gelff are based in southern California and have taken both shows to locales across the United States. Metzger began touring as Einstein in 1978 and as Hemingway ten years later. He studied acting with Lee Strasberg and has also appeared in motion pictures and television shows. Hemingway: On the Edge was performed at Boise State University on September 22, 1995.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists chiefly of reviews and publicity material for Ed Metzger's portrayals of Ernest Hemingway and Albert Einstein in two one-man shows, Hemingway: On the Edge and Einstein: The Practical Bohemian. Both shows were produced by Metzger's wife, Laya Gelff, who also acts as his agent. The newspaper reviews within the collection are in photocopy form.
Forms part of the Idaho Writers Archive.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[item description], Ed Metzger Papers, Box [number] Folder [number], Boise State University Special Collections and Archives.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Ed Metzger: Acting credits|
|1||2||Ed Metzger: Photos|
|1||3||Hemingway: Publicity and Reviews||1988-1995|
|1||4||Hemingway: Interview, Los Aficionados de Los Angeles||undated|
|1||5||Einstein: Publicity and reviews||undated|
|1||6||Einstein: Publicity and reviews||1982-l995|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Einstein, Albert, 1879-1955--Drama
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961--Drama