Wesley Ross Memoir of World War II, 2009 PDF
- Ross, Wesley.
- Wesley Ross Memoir of World War II
- 2009 (inclusive)20092009
- 0.1 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS RossW
- The Wesley Ross Memoir of World War II consists of personal remembrances and research conducted by Ross on the activities of the 146th Engineer Combat Battalion. Ross attended Oregon State College from 1938 to 1943 and earned a BS degree in electrical engineering.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Wesley Reid Ross was born in 1919; grew up in Wamic, Oregon; and graduated from Maupin High School. He attended Oregon State College from 1938 to 1943 and earned a BS degree in electrical engineering. Ross served in the 146th Engineer Combat Battalion (ECB) during World War II and participated in the D-Day invasion of Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Wesley Ross Memoir of World War II consists of a compilation of personal remembrances and research conducted by Ross on the activities of the 146th Engineer Combat Battalion (ECB) during World War II. 146 Engineer Combat Battalion -- Essayons: A Journey details Ross' wartime experiences as well as his activities after the war and includes reproductions of archival materials (documents, photographs, and maps) and written accounts by other members of the 146th ECB and affiliated units. A list of the 146th ECB members and their lives after the war is included. In a chapter devoted to pre-war activities, Ross describes his student years at Oregon State College including stories of hijinks among his fellow military cadets and samples of his school expenses. Essayons (French for "Let us try.") is the motto of U.S. Army Engineers.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Wesley Ross Memoir of World War II, Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Military education--Oregon--Corvallis.
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State College--Alumni and Alumnae.
- Oregon State College--Students.