Aerial Photographs of King County Schools, 1966-1968 PDF
- Aerial Photographs of King County Schools
- 1966-1968 (inclusive)19661968
- 3 11x14 prints and 24 negatives (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- Aerial photographs and negatives of colleges located in King County, Washington
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Historical BackgroundReturn to Top
The Edison "new school property" on Seattle’s Capitol Hill was originally Broadway High School, which operated as a traditional high school until the end of World War II. In 1946, it was renamed Edison Technical School and converted to a vocational and adult education institution for the benefit of veterans who wanted to finish high school but no longer fit in at regular schools. Edison started offering college-level courses twenty-one years later, and was reconstituted as Seattle Community College in September 1966.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Aerial photographs and negatives of King County colleges, including Shoreline College (September 12, 1967 and May 17, 1968), Seattle Pacific College (1966), North End Community College (later renamed North Seattle Community College, August 1968), the Edison “new school property” (circa 1966), and Highline Junior College (circa 1960s). The negatives are made from pack sheet film.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Status of creator's copyrights is unknown; restrictions may exist on copying, quotation, or publication. Users are responsible for researching copyright status before use.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College buildings--Washington (State)--Seattle--Photographs
- School buildings--Washington (State)--Seattle--Photographs
- Visual Materials Collections (University of Washington)
- Corporate Names :
- Highline College--Aerial views
- North Seattle Community College--Aerial views
- Seattle Pacific College--Aerial views
- Seattle Public Schools--Buildings--Photographs
- Shoreline Community College--Aerial views