1883 trek from Kansas to Oregon, and memoirs, 1883 PDF
- Gordon, Wyona Eliza Surfus
- 1883 trek from Kansas to Oregon, and memoirs
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CB G659
- Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon was an Oregon pioneer and school teacher. The collection consists of a detailed typewritten memoir of an overland wagon trip from Kansas to Oregon in 1883.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon traveled overland from Topeka, Kansas to Oregon City, Oregon in 1883. She attended Philomath College and later taught school in Portland.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection consists of a detailed typewritten memoir of an overland wagon trip from Topeka, Kansas to Oregon City, Oregon.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Available in microfilm as part of: Women's lives. Series 3, American women missionaries and pioneers collection (MICROFILM BV3703 .W66 2006, reel 92); Primary Source Microfilm, 12 Lunar Dr., Woodbridge, Conn. 06525.
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
Gordon, Wyona Eliza Surfus. 1883 trek from Kansas to Oregon, and memoirs, CB G659, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|The 1883 Wagon Trek from Kansas to Oregon and Memoirs||1883|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Frontier and pioneer life--West (U.S.)
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Women pioneers--West (U.S.)
- Personal Names :
- Gordon, Wyona Eliza Surfus--Archives
- Gordon, Wyona Eliza Surfus--Travel--West (U.S.)
- Form or Genre Terms :