Hugh C. Currin Photograph Collection, 1902-1906 PDF
- Currin, Hugh C.
- Hugh C. Currin Photograph Collection
- 1902-1906 (inclusive)19021906
- 0.05 cubic foot, including 12 photographs, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- P 168
- The Hugh C. Currin Photograph Collection consists of photographs assembled by Currin, primarily during his student years at Oregon Agricultural College (OAC). Currin attended OAC in 1902-1903.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Hugh Cochran Currin from Ione, Oregon (Morrow County) attended Oregon Agricultural College in 1902-1903; he did not graduate. In 1920, he was living in Umatilla County, Oregon. Currin died in 1954.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Hugh C. Currin Photograph Collection consists of 12 images of the Oregon Agricultural College campus, military cadets, and athletic teams assembled by Currin, primarily during his student years in the early 1900s. All of the images are mounted prints and all are individually numbered (P168:01 - P168:12).
The collection includes photographs of several campus buildings: Benton, Cauthorn (now known as Fairbanks), Agriculture (now Education), Alpha, and Mechanical (now Kearney) Halls. Two images of military cadet reviews are part of the collection; both images include the cadet band. One of these images shows the residential area adjacent to lower campus. Another image depicts a group of young men (probably cadets) with rifles, perhaps at an encampment.
Several of the images in the collection depict athletic teams and events. These include the 1906 football team, a football practice, and a football game with the University of Washington. A group photograph of the women's basketball team and one of the 1904 men's basketball team are also included.
Three of the photos were made by W.G. Emery and one by Chester Coffey.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Hugh C. Currin Photograph Collection (P 168), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Basketball for women--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College buildings--Oregon--Corvallis.
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Marching bands--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Military education--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural College--Buildings.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Emery, W. G. (creator)