Gudrun Kvernplassen Brittain Oral History, 1982 PDF
- Brattain, Gudrun Kvernplassen
- 1982 (inclusive)19821982
- 3 file folders
2 sound cassettes
- Collection Number
- An oral history interview with Gudrun Kvernplassen Brittain, a Norwegian immigrant.
- Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
This oral history collection is not open to all users.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This interview was conducted with Gudrun Kvernplassen Brattain on November 18, 1982 in Tacoma, Washington. It contains information on family background, emigration, work, school, marriage and family life, community activities, and Norwegian heritage. The interview also contains photographs of Gudrun and her brothers in Norway, Gudrun in 1943, Gudrun in Wasilla, Alaska, Kvernplassen in 1949, and Gudrun at the time of the interview. However, due to restrictions on the use of the material, this interview is not available online.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Partial Interview Transcription:
The partial interview transcription highlights important aspects of the interview. Numbers may be used as guides to important subjects. Two numbers separated by a slash indicate that the first number is for cassette and the second for CD. Due to restrictions, the transcription of this interview is not available.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Norwegian-Americans--Northwest, Pacific--Interviews
- Norwegian-Americans--Social life and customs
- Personal Names :
- Brittain, Gudrun--Interviews (creator)
- Family Names :
- Brittain family
- Geographical Names :
- Kvernplassen (Norway)
- Tacoma (Wash.)
- Wasilla (Alaska)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Oral histories
- Occupations :
- Bakers and bakeries