Western Center for Community College Development Records, 1979-2004 PDF
- Western Center for Community College Development.
- Western Center for Community College Development Records
- 1979-2004 (inclusive)19792004
- 7 cubic feet, including 300 photographs, (7 boxes)
- Collection Number
- RG 235
- The Western Center for Community College Development Records document the establishment, administration, and activities of the Center which was established at Oregon State University in 1991. The Center provides professional development, opportunities for partnerships, and assistance with curriculum to community colleges in the western United States.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Additional Reference Guides
Preliminary container list available online.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Western Center for Community College Development was established in 1991. The Center provides professional development, opportunities for partnerships, and assistance with curriculum redesign to community, junior, and technical colleges in the 15 states served by the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE). The Center is housed in the Oregon State University College of Education and is funded by the Oregon Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development. Dale Parnell served as the first director of the Center from 1992 until 1996.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Western Center for Community College Development Records were generated and assembled by the Center and document the professional development workshops and other educational training projects offered or coordinated by the center; long-range strategic planning; interactions with foundations for project funding; involvement with legislators on bills of interest to community colleges; and curriculum development. The records include budgets, correspondence, course syllabi, grant proposals, legislative bills, meeeting minutes, newsletters, project proposals and reports, publications, and photographs. The photographs depict training conferences and workshop sessions organized by the Center.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Western Center for Community College Development Records (RG 235), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Community colleges--Oregon.
- Education--Study and teaching (Higher)--Oregon.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State University. School of Education.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Parnell, Dale, 1928- (creator)
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon. Dept. of Community Colleges and Workforce Development. (creator)